Some of my friends make chocolate rum balls every year for their holiday parties, and these sweet little bites are always the first things to go. Maybe that says more about my friends who always reach for the boozy treats first, but I can’t blame them. These rum balls are as easy to make as they are to eat. They’re the original no-bake treat! Let’s make it for your darling in free time!
I. Ingredients prepare before make Chocolate Rum Balls
- 1 cup (170 g or 6 ounces) dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (57 g) plus 1/3 cup (40 g) powdered sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups (310 g or 11 ounces) crushed Nilla wafers
- 1 cup (110 g) crushed walnuts
- 1/4 cup (30 g) cocoa powder
II. All step when make Chocolate Rum Balls
+ Step 1: Melt the chocolate: Place the chocolate in a large microwave safe bowl. Microwave the chocolate in 30-second intervals at full power, stirring between each cook time until all the chips have melted.
+ Step 2: Make the rum ball dough
- Sift 1/2 cup of the powdered sugar over the melted chocolate (sifting helps prevent clumps). Add the corn syrup, rum and salt.
- Stir with a whisk until the sugar dissolves and the rum is incorporated and the mixture is smooth.
- Add the crushed wafers and the walnuts. Stir with a spatula or wooden spoon until incorporated. The mixture will look crumbly.
+ Step 3: Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.
+ Step 4: Shape the rum balls
- Place the cocoa powder and remaining 1/3 cup of powdered sugar in separate bowls and keep them nearby. Use a spoon or small ice cream server to scoop out enough chilled mixture to roll a 1-inch ball. The mixture will be crumbly and hard but once you roll and squeeze it in your hands, it will come together.
- Coat the rum ball with powdered sugar or cocoa powder and repeat with the rest of the mixture.
+ Step 5: Store rum balls in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about 5 days. The rum balls improve in flavor over the next few days.
Very easy right? Let’s make delicious Chocolate Rum Balls for your family now! Hope you are enjoy with this recipes! Thank you so much! ♥♥♥